Sunday, September 28, 2008

Shower the People You Love



We gathered yesterday in Beaver to celebrate the coming birth of Naomi and Aaron's son. It was an extraordinary group of women who came together to show our love for Naomi in this time of awaiting her child.

I wish for Naomi a continued healthy pregnancy, the natural birth she hopes for, a long maternity leave, a perfect boy and all the very best in her transformation into a mother.

At the shower were: my Kindergarten teacher; my first-day-of-Kindergarten bff Jocelyn; my primary school recess aid; an elementary school lunchlady named Zinnia; two senior high school teachers Mrs. West and Mrs. Datisman, teacher-cum-librarian extraordinaire-cum-my generous and gracious landlordess; and so many other wonderful women including my mom and sister.


No comments:

MomsRising.org