Thursday, May 24, 2007

It Takes a Village





Imogen and I were apart for the first time yesterday from about 9:30am to 5pm. Our delightful friend Linda who lives just down the hill offered to take Immy for two hours in the morning to give me time to clean and relieve some household stress. I've never sent Immy off before, so this was a big deal.

At the time I expected Imogen home, Linda called to report that Imogen was doing great and announced that she was keeping her until 4. I knew experienced-mom Linda was helping me, so I bit the bullet, and after an "are you sure?," I agreed. I hadn't gotten as much done as I would have liked earlier and a nap did sound nice, so it was settled. At 4, Linda called and said Immy had been asleep since 2:40. We let her finish her nap and then Linda drove her up the hill.

Thank you Linda, Angela, Harrison and Savanna Mary for your loving care and all the work you did to take care of Immy.

Imogen's been clingy, which isn't wonderful, but it makes me feel needed after a big day for both of us. Rather than feel like she doesn't need me because she did so well, as I'm apt to do, I believe it's my very consistency and love that gave her the confidence to do this.

Pictures, in reverse chronology: nap time, Immy (12 mos. on Sunday) and Savanna (8 mos.) playing, bye bye Immy, in the car

No comments:

MomsRising.org