Saturday, September 26, 2009

Past Life With Elephant & Cow

I got Imogen a book last weekend called "Beasts: An Alphabet of Fine Prints," at the local historical society's rummage sale. We were going through it this morning. The print paired with "E" for "Elephant," is from a 15th-century Italian engraving called "The Triumph of Caesar: The Elephants." When we got to that page, Imogen, pointing to the picture, told me that she was there before she was born, in "Bologna."

Now, I've never said "Bologna" (I didn't even know how to pronounce it until just now), and the book doesn't mention it either, but it is a city in northern Italy (Wikipedia).

Immy also pointed to the elephant in the print and said she knew one named "Caracca," and that she rode a cow who was nursing its calf.

I told her if she remembered anything else to let me know.
MomsRising.org