Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Night on the Peninsula






Imogen and I headed out to Forks on Saturday to see Grammy and go to Sally Milici's retirement party at Lake Pleasant. We finally got to wish Joan, Immy's Birthday Buddy, a Happy Birthday in person. Later, Grammy took care of Immy and put her to bed while I went back to the party and spent time with my friends. On Sunday, we called on (I've been reading Nancy Drew) Imogen's great-grandparents in Sequim for a good visit before coming home to Dad. I reminded myself on Saturday morning as I made up my mind to go that I regret far more the things I haven't done than the things I have. We came home tired, but I'm glad we went.
I watched Imogen take in with awe the scenery we were zipping by in the car: Lake Crescent, hills, trees and more trees.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for coming! It meant a lot to me, mom, Liz, Katie and Nomi. We all love you to pieces and consider you practically a sister in the family! Your presence there was felt and needed. And thanks for bringing Immy all the way to the peninsula. What an amazing smile she has.

MomsRising.org